Ready to buy? Make sure your new property is safe before you even sign a contract
A Building Inspection by Gladstone Building and Pest Inspections will provide you with a detailed survey to the building’s condition so that you know exactly what you are proposing to buy. The inspector will examine all the accessible areas of the building including the ceiling void and sub-floor space and list any issues in a easy to read format.
A Pre-purchase Building Inspection is your time to get an unbiased, objective appraisal of the true condition of the property. You may also find your mortgage provider requires a report as part of the loan conditions. A Building Inspection is usually combined with a pest Inspection to ensure the building is termite and pest free.
Here are some (but not all!) of the problems our Pre-purchase Building Inspection might identify
Cracking and movement to:
- Floor structure (reinforced concrete construction)
- Wall structure (masonry, external render and stucco, internal plaster sheet and plasterboard)
- Roof structure (concrete roof slabs)
- Floor Structure (Suspended concrete slabs, suspended timber ground floors, timber upper floors, stairways)
- Roof framing and roofing
- Wall Structure (Framed and masonry construction)
- Floor Structure (Suspended floors, slab on ground construction)
- Walls (Ceilings, internal walls, external walls)
Conditions conducive to damage such as:
- Defective plumbing and defective roof plumbing and flashings
- Defective/bridged damp-proof course
Unsatisfactory workmanship including:
- Construction which does not meet Australian standards
- Construction which is unsafe
- The use of unsuitable materials
- The existence of makeshift or temporary repairs.
- QBCC Builder - Medium Rise License Number 1048753
- QBCC Completed Residential Building Inspection License Number 1048753